Halewood Wines & Spirits are looking for an international Brand Ambassador to work on its no. 1 brand, Whitley Neill Gin and also Dead Man’s Fingers spiced rum and to help support growth of these brands on an international basis.
This person will generate sustained knowledge, passion and commitment for Whitley Neill Gin and Dead Man’s Fingers spiced rum on an international basis amongst trade customers, consumers and the media in order to maximise visibility and build a strong brand presence in key international territories.
Whilst acting as an ambassador, this person will be creating new serves attend sponsored and top sampling events, use their knowledge and network to drive availability, engage internal and external stakeholders to drive excitement and buzz. The role involves showing a passion for igniting the brand through trade customers, international distributors, the international bar trade and consumers.
Given the international nature of this role, the brand positioning and trade interaction that will be necessary, we require the following;
- As a consequence of Whitley Neill’s provenance, we require someone who has an innate knowledge of the South African botanicals, which give this brand its differentiation
- Understanding the significance of the above South African botanicals, their relevance and importance to local indigenous cultures.
- As an international role, we need a person who has experience of working in territories outside the UK
- We require someone who already has Brand Ambassador experience on a premium international gin brand.
- Must have on trade bar experience (both managing a bar and working as working as a bar tender) in order to be able to interact and educate the on trade.
- Be the face of the Brand and represent it when interacting with the trade and to be an expert source of Brand knowledge.
- A self-starter who operates proactively – and where necessary reactively – in order to understand and beat the competition
- A skilled relationship builder, who thrives on meeting new people and developing new relationships
- Confidence in approaching and conversing with customers and distributors and other members of the trade.
- Has their finger on the pulse of what is happening in the gin and rum categories internationally
- Experienced in sales with examples of previous personal wins
- Brings energy, passion and commitment to work.
- Ability to communicate clearly and engage and inspire when interacting with the trade and consumers.
Job Requirements/Principal Duties
- Frequent international travel required
- Confidence in approaching and conversing with customers
- Plan, deliver review and evaluate agreed range of activities to increase awareness and knowledge amongst trade customers and consumers of Whitley Neill Gin and Dead man’s Fingers, in line with current Brand plan and budgets
- Proactively identify opportunities for improving brand presence and driving distribution, where possible in trade.
- Build strong working relationships with key opinion formers including bar staff and online influencers.
- Facilitate increased distribution and strong working relationships in key opinion forming bars and activate the brand at point of purchase.
- Development of an Ambassador engagement and training programme with the trade
- Ensure, through a range of activities, that customers are equipped to serve and promote the Brand to consumers, enabling them to become champions/ambassadors for the Brand
- Be the face of the Brand and source of Brand knowledge to our own employees (and extended community), to help with internal brand building
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all UK and international sales staff and provide training.
- Provide monthly reports on activity conducted and key achievements